BIGGEST LOSER! You haven't seen anything until you
experience the Ciarla Fitness Ultimate Strength and Conditioning Class!
Saturdays at 10am. Bring your water bottle and be
prepared to sweat! All fitness levels welcome; class
designed to accommodate both the beginner and the elite
clientele. Class is only $40. Bring a friend and you each pay
for more information at 704-641-4046 or email us
Healthy Food Selections
It’s all about portion control and selecting the right foods!
- Women today are eating 22 percent more calories than they
were 30 years ago - 335 more calories each and every day.
- Fast food take-outs and family restaurants were found by
researchers at New York University to have 195 percent to 700
percent larger portions than what is recommended by the USDA (US
Department of Agriculture).
Researchers found the biggest increase in:
- Steak - 224% larger
- Muffins - 333 % larger
- Pasta - 480% larger
- Cookies – 700% larger
Multiple Choice Food Selections
Olive Oil or Fat Free Salad Dressing? Olive Oil! A recent Harvard
Study found that women using oil-based dressing’s five or more
times a week had a 50 percent lower risk of fatal hearth attacks
than women who rarely use them.
Nutra Sweet or Sugar? Nutra Sweet! One can of regular soda
has about ten teaspoons of sugar, which contributes enormously to
weight gain and dental cavities!
Butter or Margarine? Neither! Put almond butter or peanut
butter on your toast and use olive oil for cooking!
Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate? Dark! A study in the
Journal of American Medical Association reports that antioxidants
called flavonoids in dark chocolate dilate arteries, increasing the
amount of blood able to flow through them and contributing to lower
The worst of the worst – Cheese Fries with Ranch dressing!
The average restaurant serving contains 3000 calories and 91 grams
of saturated and trans fats – YIKES!
The best ice cream selection - EDY's Grand Light!
Did you know:
- 28% of people in the US are obese
- Waiting more than 3 hours after waking up to eat breakfast
increases your risk of obesity 43%
Why are we overweight?
- 27% of all Americans always finish their entrees
- 78% of America believes the kind of food they eat is more
important for weight loss than the amount they eat
- 30% of all people who base the amount they eat based their
figure on how much they are served
- Only 19% of all Americans exercise on a regular basis
- 101 Cities in the United States were studied and graded on
Fitness, Health, Quality of Life. Charlotte ranked 81 receiving
a grade of 'F'.
- For 80,000 men a year, death is the first symptom of heart
- The average odds of getting heart disease: 36%
- The average odds of getting type-2 diabetes: 14.8%
- Trans fats, such as those found in bacon, sausage and potato
chips, may contribute to more than 30,000 premature deaths a
- Getting 3% of your daily calories (7 grams) from trans fats
increases your risk of heart disease by up to 50%
All statistics complements of Fitness Management Magazine, Men's
Health Magazine, Runners World Magazine, Shape Magazine and Woman’s